Lovely followers, it’s giveaway time!
I’ve just recently reached a pretty big follower milestone, and to say thank you I’ll be hosting a giveaway.
- You obviously must be following me. It is a thank you giveaway after all. This is the whole point. I’ll check.
- The photos above have no bearing on what books will be available, I just wanted some photos to stick up there to make it look better.
- You can like and reblog to enter. I’m not exactly sure how the notes work, but I think if you reblog it more than once from the same place it might not show up on the notes, then again it might. I don’t know how they work.
- Don’t spam everybody reblogging. It bugs me when I scroll down the dash and see the same giveaway post on someone’s tumblr like ten posts in a row. There’s no reblog limit, but don’t annoy people with it.
- End date: 16 September at 7pm AEST. I’ll post announcements and stuff when the date gets closer and the time gets closer.
- I’ll be using a number generating site to pick a winner. There will be one winner.
- You must have your ask link open and be willing to tell me your address for postage. If you don’t reply within 24 hours of me messaging you I’ll pick another winner.
- Prize: book(s) to the value of AU$25 from the Book Depository (and hopefully you’ll get a bookmark too!).
- Of course, BD will have to post to where you are.
I think that’s it, so good luck! Thanks for following!
I hope that this image travels the world …
“While newspapers and television talk about the lives of celebrities, the chief of the Kayapo tribe received the worst news of his life: Dilma, “The new president of Brazil, has given approval to build a huge hydroelectric plant (the third largest in the world). It is the death sentence for all the people near the river because the dam will flood 400,000 hectares of forest. More than 40,000 Indians will have to find another place to live. The natural habitat destruction, deforestation and the disappearance of many species is a fact.”
What moves me in my very bowels , making me ashamed of being part of Western culture, is the reaction of the chief of the Kayapo community when he learned of the decision—his gesture of dignity and helplessness before the advance of capitalist progress, modern predatory civilization that does not respect the differences …
But we know that a picture is worth a thousand words, showing the reality of the true price of our bourgeois “quality of life”.
The Signs thoughts
Aries: I’m better than all of you assholes
Taurus: I could eat some cake right now.
Gemini: I’m going to pretend I care about what you just said
Cancer: I need hugs and cookies.
Leo: Fuck u bitch I’m fabulous, bow down to me.
Virgo: You’re all uncultered swines.
Libra: Stop war hug more
Scorpio: I’m tired of your bullshit, I just wanna sleep
Sagittarius: I wanna fuck your girlfriend
Capricorn: Sex sex sex sex sex sex sex
Aquarius: I’m hot and gay.
Pisces: Fuck my life.
“I was 17 when I wrote that,” she reminds me. “That’s the age you are when you think someone can actually take your boyfriend. Then you grow up and realise no one takes someone from you if they don’t want to leave.”
—Taylor talking about Better Than Revenge (via californiagirlwearingpearls)